In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Friday, August 3, 2007

Working World


This is how I feel most days at work, minus the ridiculous facial expression. You would think that I would enjoy getting paid to sit around and surf the internet, check facebook and e-mail 20 times a day and create a blog, but I think my brain cells are dying by the second. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only one job, but all three of my jobs are giving my brain too much rest. Now I don't mean to sound ungrateful for my jobs because they have been a real blessing, but I would like to think that I have some skills oustide of sounding pleasant on the phone and internet comprehension that can be utilized. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe that is why I have no clue what to do with the rest of my life if I have to fit in a typical 9-5 job somewhere. Sitting here at this desk makes me miss the days where I didn't have to worry about paying for an expensive education and could just spend my summers as a I wanted. I was free to go on vacation, spend time at camp, enjoy the sun and hang out with friends. Now I know that these days are not as far in my past as most peoples as I was a late-comer to the working world (I am still sticking to the story that I was focusing on school, no matter what anyone says) but I still miss them. As my mom would say, "Welcome to the real world." I am obviously not used to reality. But I don't have to be, because once summer ends I will enter into the world of textbooks, learning and hopefully, new friends. This is my transitional world, beyond my safe little bubble at home but shy of a completely independent state. I am glad there is at least three more years here. I am going to need them. I am looking forward to becoming a student once again. For now, I have to get back to "work."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsay, I feel very much on the outside of your life these days...what have you been up to? What are these jobs that you have been working at so diligently this summer?

I hope you having a great day maybe doing something special for the long weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds!! I'm reading your blogs now, you sound so smart!!