In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gongshow




If anyone wants to stay informed on the current fiasco in Parliament I would reccomend visiting www.mapleleafweb.com. It is a website run by political science professors at the U of L and it offers a fairly non-partisan overview of all the events as they unfold. I think understanding all the aspects of the issue is the key to developing an informed opinion and this website will help you do that.

For those of you who aren't nerds like me and don't care about politics 99% of the time, I promise you this is exciting stuff. Love it or hate it, you should pay attention. 20 years from now when your children are in university and they take political science because that is what all the cool kids are taking (plus history of course), what is happening right now will still be discussed. History is in the making and you don't want to miss it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the website link. I've been wanting to find out whats going on for some time and I will certainly check this out. Merci

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see your active interest and thought-provoking comments regarding topics discussed around the dinner table over the years. History is made everyday but when you can say "I was there" or "I remember when...," it is more alive and real and the depth of the emotions that are the result create an ever remembered passion of and for the moment that is truly never forgotten and will always beg to be shared (even if others don't want to listen)! Dare to continue to be passionate about your thirst for knowledge, your devotion to your country, your love for family, and your faith in God.
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I will just ask you whenever I have questions involving the government, Nero (the hero or zero, whichever you prefer), art, history, etc.

Anonymous said...

Your profile picture is incredibly beautiful.