In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Monday, December 31, 2007

Jordan

Yesterday Jordan and I celebrated three years together. Since he always complains that I never blog about him, I thought that in honour of this milestone I would dedicate a blog to him.

Most of you know Jordan as either the shy boy who never talks if you are in my family, or the goof ball who never seems to shut up if you are his friend. But Jordan also has a side that most of you never see and so today, I am going to illuminate for you all the sweet side of Jordan.

Jordan loves to buy me flowers. My mom says that Jordan has bought me more flowers in three years than she has been given in 26 years ( I think this is a hint Dad). He usually picks out beautiful roses - red, pink or white. Sometimes they are for special occasions and other times they are for no reason at all. He doesn't like to give them to me in person, but puts them in places where they will surprise me. He has left them on my gym bag during basketball practice and has even snuck into my house to leave them on my bed.

Jordan also buys me a lot of candy and food. Every time he gets gas he always comes back with a chocolate bar for me. In high school, I would often open my locker to find Starbucks or Orange Julius waiting for me. When I am feeling sad, he comes by to cheer me up with some chocolate.

Jordan can also be pretty crafty. He has written me many notes and made me some pretty nice cards. Most impressive is the bulletin board he made me for our first year together with hearts, roses, stickers and photoshopped pictures. You can tell that there was a full utilization of girly scrapbooking supplies.

Jordan knows how to plan special dates. He took me to a fancy restaurant on our first date, and even though I only ordered cheese toast, it was pretty wonderful. The day before we left Redeemer to come home, he and James cooked a fantastic dinner for me and Ree, complete with candlelight and romantic music (Rod Stewart anyone?) The best part was that it was a surprise.

The sweetest thing about Jordan is not in what he does for me, but in how he treats me. He tells me I am beautiful and never does anything to disrespect me. He treats me like a princess even when I act like a witch. He listens to me and gives me great advice. He is the best friend I could ever ask for.

Now that you are probably all gagging at this overload sentiment, I hope you feel enlightened. Beneath Jordan's oft-shaggy hair and unshaved visage lies a very loving man. I guess he doesn't show off this part of himself very much because then everyone would want to date him and we couldn't have that now could we?

6 comments:

Joyce said...

The apple doesn't fall from the tree:).

Tim Selles said...

If he showed that side to me, I still wouldn't want to date him.

k, maybe thats a lie...

Anonymous said...

this blog makes me want to date jordan.

Jason said...

One time I dated Jordan but he dumped me for Lindsay. The wounds are still healing

Anonymous said...

wow, man crushes galore.

Rebecca said...

Jaybor. You're hilarious.
Lindsay- Jordan sounds like a stud, but I don't think I'd trade you :)