In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Life by the Numbers

10 - the number of new items of clothing that I have bought (read: my mom has bought for me) before I leave for Ontario. Probably a little too much, but that's ok. Its not like I have a limited amount of stuff I can take on the plane.

9 - the number of hours I will be awake before arriving in Hamilton. I hate waking up early.

8 - the number of months that I will be gone. You people better miss me!

7 - the number of days before I begin classes in the strange and foreign land known as Ontario.

6 - the number of family members that I leave behind, because on Saturday, Kerri Lynn will officially become a Vanderberg. Or a Haney-Vanderberg, but that's still close enough.

5 - the number of friends I will already know at Redeemer. Maybe by Christmas it could be 6.

4 - the number of hours it will take me to fly to Hamilton. Flying makes me nauseous.

3 - the number of cousins that I get to visit in Ontario!

2 - the number of suitcases I have to cram all my belongings into. Suddenly, 10 new things don't seem like such a good idea. I guess I am wearing whatever doesn't fit. Maybe I shouldn't have left those sweaters for last...

1 - the number of lives I have to live. This new phase of my life is coming whether I am ready or not. Here's hoping I make the most of it.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hey,
i hope you have a good wedding on saturday and then a good flight to ontario!
i will miss you! are you coming home at Christmas time?
take care!!